The 138th Motorized Rifle Brigade (MRB) at Kamenka (V/Ch 02511) in the LenVO has always had a pretty bad rep for hazing cases. A Defense Ministry source told Fontanka.ru that 8 Kamenka officers have been removed from duty over the latest incident. They include platoon, company, battalion, and brigade commanders, the battalion and brigade chiefs of staff, and deputy brigade commanders for armaments and socialization work. They have reportedly been dismissed from the service as well, although the Defense Ministry has not confirmed this. In early October, a conscript and contract serviceman were beaten by three drunken sergeants in the unit. They turned to the Soldiers’ Mothers of Petersburg for assistance. Initial press reports said 16 soldiers in all were beaten by the sergeants. See Forum.msk for more. This was probably just the last straw after a long line of incidents in this troubled brigade.
- I like to imagine that Gale and Pic are together again now. I grew up on 1971's "Brian's Song." RIP Gale Sayers. https://t.co/kzJYHzMo8M 2 days ago
- Russian BSF pr. 636.3 Improved Kilo Kolpino fired a Kalibr LACM during Kavkaz-2020 today. Msl launched from submerg… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Russian Pacific Fleet press service says pr. 955 Borey-class SSBN Aleksandr Nevskiy has returned to its homeport fo… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- As part of Kavkaz-2020, Russian VDV and VKS will airdrop ten BMD-4M AIFVs from five Il-76MDs tomorrow at KY. Will u… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Almaz-Antey delivered the third of possibly four S-400 "regimental sets" this year to Kapustin Yar ahead of schedul… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- RF Baltic Fleet pr. 1331M small ASW ship Kazanets collided with Marshall Islands-flagged 145-m refrigerated contain… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago