President Medvedev’s decree yesterday dismissed Russia’s senior military representative to NATO, Army General Aleksey Maslov, who was once Ground Troops CINC. Fifty-eight-year-old Maslov leaves a little early for a four-star general. No word on whether he requested to retire. At any rate, other generals might be shuffled about to fill the NATO milrep spot, or it might be gapped for a time.
But on to the decree.
- Captain 1st Rank Igor Valentinovich Grachev, Chief, Missile-Artillery Armaments Directorate, Northern Fleet.
- Colonel Sergey Semenovich Nyrkov, Commander, 9th Independent Motorized Rifle Brigade.
- Colonel Sergey Faatovich Akhmetshin, Deputy Chief, Main Staff, Air Forces.
- Colonel Dmitriy Valeryevich Laptev, Commander, 9th Aerospace Defense Brigade.
Relieve and dismiss from military service:
- Rear-Admiral Yuriy Prokopyevich Yeremin, Chief, Navy Military Training-Scientific Center “Naval Academy” (1st Branch, St. Petersburg).
- General-Major Aleksandr Viktorovich Shapekin, Chief of Staff, First Deputy Commander, Operational-Strategic Command of Aerospace Defense.
Dismiss from military service:
- Army General Aleksey Fedorovich Maslov.