On the eve of the Russia Day holiday, President Vladimir Putin signed a decree promoting 29 senior MOD officers: 2 to three-star general-colonel, 5 to two-star general-lieutenant and vice-admiral, and the balance to one-star general-major.
The three-star promotions included Andrey Kartapolov, Chief of the General Staff’s Main Operations Directorate and Andrey Serdyukov, Deputy Commander, Southern MD. Both were quick promotes with only three and two years respectively at their former rank.
The two-star promotions included GOMU First Deputy Chief Yevgeniy Burdinskiy, Deputy Commander of the Eastern MD for Material-Technical Support Anatoliy Lbov, Deputy CINC of the Navy for Armaments Viktor Bursuk, Northern Fleet Commander of Submarine Forces Aleksandr Moiseyev, and Baltic Fleet Chief of Staff Sergey Popov.
Other promotees included:
- two RVSN missile division commanders (both have the RS-24 / Yars ICBM in their formations);
- a new commander of Troops and Forces in the North-East;
- one motorized rifle brigade commander;
- deputy commanders for material-technical support in several services and branches;
- chiefs, deputy chiefs, or department heads for several military-educational institutions;
- the strategic nuclear forces directorate chief in the NTsUO.
You’ll find the updated promotion list here.