Russian Federation President Vladimir Putin signed out his Constitution Day promotion list on December 12. You can view it here.
The 19 MOD promotees included two three-stars, a two-star, and 16 one-stars.
By comparison, Putin’s National Guard got two three-star, seven two-star, and 15 one-star appointments.
For the MOD, newly-minted General-Colonel Khalil Arslanov heads the General Staff’s Main Communications Directorate.
Also granted his third star, Admiral Nikolay Yevmenov commands the Northern Fleet. He was the sole naval officer promoted on this list.
Airborne Troops deputy commander Vladimir Kochetkov became a general-lieutenant.
The 16 general-majors include the:
- Head of the Ground Troops’ Combat Training Directorate;
- Chief of the VDV’s EW Service;
- Deputy commander of air and air defense forces in the Central MD;
- Deputy commander of the Southern MD’s 8th CAA;
- Chief of Naval Aviation for the BSF;
- Commander of the 4th Kantemir Tank Division;
- Chief of Operations, Deputy Chief of Staff for Space Troops, Aerospace Forces;
- Chief of the Central MD’s EW Service;
- Commander of the Eastern MD’s 303rd Composite Aviation Division;
- Chief of air and air defense troops for the Eastern MD staff.
There were four new generals for whom no position could be identified at this time.
Other generals and admirals besides those noted above have been added or updated.
The promotion list file now covers about 450 Russian general and flag officers.