The wave of appointments, dismissals, and reshuffling in the upper echelons of the military leadership continues . . . this one features the dismissal of Vice-Admiral Borisov, the shipbuilding chief, who reportedly went down over his role in the December round of Mistral talks with the French. This one also has a lot of changes and shuffling of officers in RVSN armies.
Here’s what President Medvedev’s 19 April decree on Defense Ministry personnel does.
- Colonel Aleksandr Vasilyevich Deryavko from the post of Commander, 60th Missile Division.
Relieve and dismiss from military service:
- Vice-Admiral Nikolay Konstantinovich Borisov from the post of Chief, Shipbuilding, Armaments, and Arms Servicing, Deputy CINC for Armaments, Navy.
- Colonel Aleksandr Vladimirovich Kasyanenko, Deputy Commander, 31st Missile Army, relieved of duty as Chief, Military Academy of the RVSN Branch (Rostov-na-Donu).
- General-Major Aleksandr Dmitriyevich Sivachev, Deputy Chief, Military Academy of the RVSN, relieved of duty as Chief of Staff, First Deputy Commander, 33rd Missile Army.
- General-Major Valeriy Yevgenyevich Tarazevich, Chief of Staff, First Deputy Commander, 33rd Missile Army, relieved of duty as Deputy Commander, 33rd Missile Army.
- General-Major Ivan Nikolayevich Kuzichkin, Deputy Commander, 33rd Missile Army.
- General-Major Viktor Vladimirovich Lizvinskiy, Chief, Organizational-Technical Directorate, Deputy Chief, Main Armor Directorate, Defense Ministry.
- Colonel Andrey Gennadyevich Loginov, Commander, 60th Missile Division.
- Colonel Andrey Nikolayevich Mordvichev, Commander, 4th Independent Tank Brigade.
- Colonel Aleksandr Ivanovich Novkin, Commander, 138th Independent Motorized Rifle Brigade.